My current fav quote

Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Antenatal Class @ KPJ Selangor

KPJ usually organised antenatal every fortnight, on Saturday at their Bahagian Latihan 4th floor. Cost you only RM80/ couple, it's a one-day course from 9-6pm inclusive 3 times meal, notes and goodies bag.



Since I did my routine checkup there, so we choose to take the class as well. Besides, considering the location and price, it's not really worth it to travel far just for the class. We were planning to join the class since I was 7 months pregnant, but due to work, outstation, kenduri and courses that we both have to attend, terpaksa la postpone until last Saturday.



They conduct the class with at most 6 couples (or maybe more? I'm not sure...) with 7-8 topics covered. The first one is Pregnancy & antenatal where they explained mostly about being pregnant and the stages. And 2nd one is on Diet during pregnancy, which I found very helpful especially when you're at your early stage of pregnancy. What to eat... what to avoid... the quantities... the fact that you're not suppose to "eat for two" becuz you will absolutely put on more weight :P



Third one is pain relief in labor. All sorts of drugs that you can have, and when you can ask for the drug. And this is when I was informed that the laughing gas is actually in the maternity package. So make use of it. Sedutlah sampai lalok pon xpe... diorang takkan charge extra. And guess what? Epidural can cost you up to extra RM1000!! Ade stgh2 yg baca kat internet, epidural only cost lebih kureng 400-500 je. And besides, the reason behind, why you cannot ask for epidural after you're 5cm dilated. Sblm ni asek dgr org ckp je kan... but this time, diorang explain kenapa. And also alllllll the risks for each drug you take. Xde hiding ape2 agenda. So you can decide your birth plan earlier!



Fourth one is Labor, the most awaiting topic, at least for me :P Eventhough I read a lot these days (buku okeh... bkn internet je!), but I still found that this lecture is the best one. Not only they explained the stages, but the theory and practicality behind it. Contohnya? The easiest one is bab seluk lah. Orang yg xpnah pregnant wont know how they perform the seluk. Just like me. Totally no idea. But the O&G taught us how, and why, and what they actually look for during the selukan :P I mean... like... how they actually measure the dilation. Cool huh? And besides, the O&G also shared the detailed process during labor. How they performed episiotomy... and why. Eventhough thru reading you know why, but the O&G explained more than that! Besides, for those yang berani, they let you watch the real vaginal birth. The whole process! I never dare to watch that before on youtube, tapi tibe2 dlm klas ni mcm xde perasaan n terberani plak. The chenta hati yang pucat lesi mcm nk pengsan. Mcm die je yg nk beranak isk3



Fifth one is all about your baby by paed. How they check, and what they check immediately once the baby is delivered. The immunisation that need to be taken, the risks, jaundice, chicken pox, rashes and blablabla. Sixth class is about breast feeding. Again, my fav one! Eventhough we know that everyone can breast feed, but how and what's the good behind it, were explained in this class. And the causes of why some people are having sore nipple. Becuz you need to learn the right technique. Bkn main sumbat je dlm mulut baby. Ecewahh... cakap pandai. Tgk la nnt nk buat... ntah2 same je hahaha. And breastfeeding is all about your psychology thoughts. Kalau dlm otak asek pk tak mampu nk breastfeed, mmg lah susu tu takkan kuar. So from now on... think +ve!



And then the seventh lesson is about exercise and breathing technique. This one quite boring la. Exercise biase2 saje... mmg sebijik2 ape yg ade dlm buku. The last class is cara nk mandikan baby. This one pun fun. You know the step by step how to mandi baby, how to hold the baby and 1st thing to do before mandi the baby. Besides, most of the doctors also gave a lot of advises. Contohnya, they wont suggest us untuk pakaikan bedak kat baby. Why? Sbb the small particle yang akan di inhale oleh baby is too dangerous. So... lap kering2, xyah guna aid of bedak. The other thing is, puting or teats adalah diharamkan di KPJ. They said, jgn manjakan baby dgn puting or even pacifier, sbb nnt die xnak your breast dh. Lgpun... pacifier tu kena make sure betul2 bersih and sterilized before bg kat die... which is leceh kan? Good to know la.



Finally... visit to maternity ward and labor room. This one is to get the rough idea of what you're going to deal with later. What to expect, how the room looks like... what they offer, the use of each stuff inside the labor room and so on and so forth.



Eh entry ni dh mcm mengajar plak. Tapi jangan tak pegi ye. I would suggest you to go during your 2nd trimester. Jangan ingat tu terlalu awal... sbb mmg tak awal langsung. 3rd trimester tu dh kira terlambat n ketinggalan.

32 comments:

  1. Awak, boleh tak kita nak tahu kenapa Epidural tidak dibenarkan selepas 5cm dilated? Ngeh~

    ReplyDelete
  2. nk tau nape ye. alasan die just sbb bile dh 5cm dilate, biasenye kekerapan contraction tu makin dkat (3mnts apart). so utk cucuk epidural tu kena precise. kalau kejap2 asek saket je... risiko utk tersalah cucuk tu tinggi. anaest tanak tanggung risiko tu. xde ape2 reason behind medical practise pun :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. u check up kat KPJ mana eh?i mean selangor which part?& ever check up slalu will cost u berapa yer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. KPJ Selangor tu previously known as Selangor Medical Center... kat seksyen 20 shah alam. average bill tetiap bulan dlm rm120 la. kalau xde ubat kdg2 rm80. kalau kena inject around 200. kalau check darah paling mahal... dkat 300.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fizz!

    Dah bersalin ke? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. owhh thanx fizz for the info..semua KPJ sama ke rate dia eh?the nearest is kajang kat umah...so i wonder if rate dia sama ker tak..ayway congratz on your beautiful baby~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Generally I don't learn post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great post.

    Look into my web page: Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's truly very difficult in this busy life to listen news on TV, therefore I just use the web for that reason, and obtain the hottest information.

    Also visit my site :: Evgeni Malkin Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    Here is my web-site: Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she
    retains the thought of a user in his/her brain that how
    a user can understand it. Therefore that's why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!

    Also visit my web-site ... Visit Website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the
    amazing effort.

    Feel free to visit my website - www.hnefatafl.info

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS.
    I don't understand the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

    My web page - Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote
    the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics
    to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog.
    An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

    my web-site - ladies shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. This article will help the internet visitors for setting up new webpage or even a weblog from start to end.


    My weblog: http://slc-wireless.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I quite like looking through a post that can make people think.
    Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

    Also visit my web-site http://slc-wireless.com/chaussures-de-football-pas-cher.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's up to every one, the contents present at this site are truly remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    Look into my site - Mario Lemieux Authentic Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  17. A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.

    I think that you need to write more on this subject,
    it might not be a taboo matter but usually people do not discuss these topics.
    To the next! Cheers!!

    Check out my weblog: Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this site. I am hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own website now ;)

    My homepage ... Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the
    issues. It was truly informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Look at my homepage - Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keep on working, great job!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage :: Air Max One

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the admin of this site is genuinely working hard for
    his website, because here every material is quality
    based data.

    My homepage - Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome issues here. I am very happy to look your post.

    Thanks a lot and I'm looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

    Feel free to visit my page; Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful work! That is the type of info that should be shared across the net.

    Shame on Google for now not positioning this post upper!

    Come on over and talk over with my web site . Thank you =)

    Here is my web blog :: NFL Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am genuinely delighted to glance at this blog posts which
    consists of tons of helpful information, thanks for providing
    these kinds of information.

    Also visit my web-site - Michael Kors Bags

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my weblog so
    i came to go back the want?.I'm trying to in finding issues to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

    Visit my blog post - Air Max Femme

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello to every , because I am truly eager of reading this website's post to be updated daily. It contains good information.

    Also visit my blog :: Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  27. This article will assist the internet visitors for setting up new web site or even a weblog from start to end.


    Feel free to surf to my webpage; Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is the right webpage for everyone who wishes to understand this topic.

    You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a topic that's been written about for decades. Great stuff, just excellent!

    Look at my blog Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw, this was a very good post. Taking the time and actual effort to
    make a great article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    Review my site ... Sac Guess

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and
    let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why
    but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Also visit my blog post: Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  31. Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other
    blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same ideas
    you discuss and would love to have you share some
    stories/information. I know my viewers would
    appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested,
    feel free to send me an email.

    Also visit my web page Air Jordan Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from
    this website, and your views are fastidious in support of new visitors.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete